Friday 31 January 2014

At last I think I've cracked it - at least to put them on the blog pages.

Matlwang Church as it was
The new roof - notice too the breeze block walls have been coated with cement
and you can just see the top of the cross on the wall behind the altar.


The blessing of the altar (I think) - +Steve's personal gift to the Church.
The Deacon on the left (Parkha) is one of those to be ordained in February,
and is one of the four who met me at the airport on my very first visit here in 2004

3 comments:

  1. Hi Nita I am so enjoying your blog! I'll see if I can post this before writing more.Philip

    ReplyDelete
  2. So wonderful and exciting to follow your news and the settling in process. What a privilege to 'get behind the scenes' as you are doing and thanks for sharing it with us all. And to see the way you are building on the years of your relational engagement with Matlosane. Well done on including pictures too - they are very useful. We want one of you.... It was good and a great blessing having +Steve and Brenda here. We are seeking to follow up with the various school church cathedral prison and LinkforLife / Hands@Work links made and ideas for the future. Do pass on any specific prayer requests which we could sometimes add to the Diocesan Prayer Diary. Please pass on our love and prayers to everyone and in the meantime may God continue to be with you and bless you in service and partnership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done indeed on getting sorted with posting pics!!
    I've been checking for new posts but for some reason have only just been able to see them.
    You have been busy as usual - hope the wheels are suiting you and making things easier/quicker etc.
    I will re-read everything later to try to take it in - just wanted to say I have caught up with you now!!
    Love J and R

    ReplyDelete